Thursday 23 July 2009

Wish: A flat in Spain

When I saw this feature in the UK Elle Decoration, I instantly saw myself in this flat. The flat was owned by a husband and wife team of architects in Barcelona, Spain. Unfortunately, they didn't photograph the bathroom nor the kitchen and therefore made this residence seem more like a gallery than a home. Nonetheless, I can envision making this as one of my homes.
I can imagine me rifling through my bag and feel the texture of my large, ancient keys at the bottom of my purse.
The mix of old and new enhances the character of the flat.
The rustic details; for instance, the exposed stone walls, beams, and wood-panel floors create a more inviting feel to the austere placement of furniture.

There is sophistication in the randomness of the pieces.

Color. Needs more color.

1 comment:

  1. your taste in interiors is somewhat reflective of the retro modernist style which currently prevails in europe. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete